Our friends at Eurochurch.net are happy to announce the culmination of a year’s research with the release of their report on missions and church planting in Europe.
Over 600 people in 35 countries responded to their questionnaire, making this the largest project of its type ever carried out in Europe. The report contains a country by country directory of people involved in church planting, together with an overview of church planting activity in that country and some useful reports and analysis. The aim of the database is that it will help people network, collaborate, and avoid duplication of effort.
Some of the fascinating information contained in the report includes:
- Over the last 30 years the number of evangelical churches in Bulgaria has increased by 500%
- 100 churches have been planted in Oslo in the last 10 years
- There are now hundreds of churches in Albania which was once officially an atheist country
- A new congregation has been planted in France every week for the last 30 years
- There are now over 100,000 charismatic Roman Catholics in Italy
- One denomination in Greece has planted over 100 new churches in the last 15 years
Additionally, the report contains informative articles on evaluating the effectiveness of church planting and a review of the different models of church planting that are available.
An electronic copy is available to download free of charge courtesy of Eurochurch.net If you would like to order a hard copy of the report (111 pages, ringbound, cost €20 including postage) please visit the Eurochurch.net online store at http://www.eurochurch.net/store/